We coordinate volunteers based on availability, capability and compatibility with our needs. We are pleased to welcome colleagues who gather to help the community. Come together with team building volunteer days. Here are some ideas:
- Volunteer as a group. We arrange company food sorts during food drive times (Thanksgiving, Christmas
and in the spring) Typically, we accommodate 8 to 10 volunteers at a time, as we are a small warehouse
operation. If you are interested please contact us well before the date you wish to volunteer.
- Hold a fundraiser and donate a cheque or cash raised. An in-office challenge or charity-walk, for example, can get whole departments involved.
- Organize a food drive. Contact us and we'll make some suggestions to get you started! We can pick up the donated food too.
- You can donate professional services. We may be able to utilize your skills. Your experience in marketing, legal or financial service could fit in with our needs.
- When you use payroll deductions to make a donation, you can designate the Richmond Hill Community Food Bank on your form using designated giving through the United Way.
Contact us and talk to us about your idea. We can help you make it happen.